Williston Comes Together For The Giving Tree Campaign
Have you heard about the giving trees in Williston? There are decorated trees at 12 businesses in Williston with tags. These tags contain the wants or needs for young people that a parent or guardian supplied as a Christmas wish. What a great way to make Christmas even better for kids in the area!
Rachel Linn with Thrivent is taking on this project, which is in it's second year helping kids in our community. Linn and her group indicated during an interview last week that registrations this year alone have tripled! As expenses have gone up, things have gotten tighter for many families. As of today, there are 748 tags that need to be filled. What hits closer to home is that some kids are asking for food this year. Organizers are putting together food boxes for these kids as well.
Here's how the giving trees work.
- Grab a tag or two from any of the trees located in a dozen businesses in Williston
- Purchase the item on the tag
- Return all items to Thrivent Financial by 12:00pm on December 9th.
You can find these special trees at:
- Thrivent Financial - 54 25th St. E. Williston
- Raw Beauty Skin Care/Waxing 110 Washington Ave. Williston
- Williston Basin Skating Club - Fairgrounds - Williston
- Williston Chamber of Commerce 10 Main Street - Williston
- Lilac Lane 4 W Broadway - Williston
- Walt's Market 922 University Ave. Williston
- Style Uncorked 125 Main Street - Williston
- Young Bucks Coffee/Eatery 1905 26th St. W. Williston
- Grace & Glam 220 Main Street - Williston
- Pit 105 213 11th St. W. Williston
- Mountrail/Williams REC 218 58th St. W. Williston
- Caffeinated 4315 9th Ave W. Ste 416 - Williston
There is a toy drive coming up on December 9th at Walmart sponsored by the North Dakota Highway Patrol and Williston's first responders. All the toys collected will be donated to this great cause. If you find you are busy, and can't dedicate a lot of time to shop, any and all monetary donations are welcome. With the dollars that are raised, Rachel and her committee will gladly do the shopping for you. Thank you in advance for doing something nice for kids during this special time.